Monday, November 12, 2007

Cataloging your books on LibraryThing

This blog was created to demonstrate the LibraryThing widget that appears in the left column. I am playing with an article on LibraryThing for the MBS Newsletter. The words 'my library' are a link to my LibraryThing account. Whenever you go to the Miniature Bookshelf blog, a random collection of covers and titles appears here. When you click on the link, it takes you to the rest of the collection. It is a modest collection compared to many owned by other members of the Miniature Book Society or now in university or museum libraries. The collection grows slowly and without a strong focus. That is what happens when a large part of the collection comes through gifts and trades over many years! I like miniature books about printing, printers, books and type faces. I have collected several miniature editions of 'The Night Before Christmas' or 'A Visit from St. Nicholas.'

3 comments:

Jim Rosaschi said...

Pretty cool, I gotta say. Really nice little collection.

Jim Rosaschi

Minibuch said...

Hello:

I also collect books in miniature I am exposing and them by all Spain. I invite to you that you meet my blog: www.minilibros-buch-book.com

Thanks for your attention.

Greetings

Susana

Dawson Place said...

LibraryThing now allows you to pull bibligraphic records from the University of Virginia Library. This will mean many more matches for miniature book searches, and less need to enter all data by hand.